3 results in 0.0222 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
ydna familytreedna x
  •  

• FAQ: I would like my YDNA markers added to the Smith DNA Project

FAQ: I would like my YDNA markers added to the Smith DNA Project

IF you had your YDNA DNA tested with FamilyTreeDNA, all you need to do is go join the Smith Official DNA project. Here are the step by steps to do that. The volunteer administrators for the official Smith DNA project for all locations at FTDNA and will receive an email letting us know you are now a member. That will enable us to see your markers and get them listed. We will also want to have your lineage. There are also a couple of regional Smith projects for specific states. For example, Smiths...
    See more | Go to post

• FAQ: Finding your kit on the YDNA Chart for the Smith DNA Project at FamilyTreeDNA

This question comes up quite a bit. Basically, a person wants to find results on the classic or coloried charts for the Smith DNA Project. Because, by default, the results are spread amongst many pages and there is not a search button to look specifically for your kit in a given group, there is a good way to put all the results on one page and then use your browser's FIND to locate your kit. Link to the YDNA chart

The results which are for YDNA only, are categorized by the haplogroup...
    See more | Go to post

• FAQ: Categories for Groups on the Smith DNA YDNA Chart at FamilyTreeDNA

FAQ: Categories for Groups on the Smith DNA YDNA Chart at FamilyTreeDNA

The YDNA chart for the Smith DNA Project includes ONLY YDNA results, not autosomal or mtDNA. (We have our own customized groups on smithsworldwide.org that include other types of kits) There are 3 main types of categories on the FTDNA YDNA chart.

1. Each kit will have a YDNA haplogroup associated with it. If there is no match with any other kit, but it's definitely or presumed to be a Smith/Schmidt/Smyth/Smidt/Smithhart etc surname, that kit will be put into a broad category for the...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X